Friday, October 26, 2018

Who on earth is Tim?

This week in a Small Town Newsroom

Wakeen was talking about a TV show, and said you have to watch it to know what's going on. What a shocking revelation.

My counterpart, Violet, brought her grandson by to trick or treat on Wednesday. (She also brought candy for us to give him.) It went well. I tried to dye my hair pink. It did not go well.

I may have to smash our fax machine. It broke, IT came to fix it, pulled it apart, and left it in pieces. I made them bring us a replacement. It was running out of ink, and Fergus was getting sixty pages that he already had, but we had to let come through, because there might be something new in there. There wasn't. And every three pages or so, I had to take out the ink cartridge and shake it, and try again. Not fun.

Fergus is bad, but honestly, Wakeen is giving him a run for his money. Fergus talks a lot, but Wakeen just... talks. Doesn't matter if anyone is listening. I got to hear ALL about his wife's dental issues, their car, what he thinks about some articles in the paper (which he read to us) and whatever crosses his mind.

Our jobs have a lot to do with email. Which makes sense. Wakeen was waiting on someone in the school system to call him back. He emailed, then called again a few hours later. Which was hours after that day's deadline. He was SHOCKED that no one had responded to his email right away. I told him I would be surprised if I heard back from someone right away, and he didn't know what to make of that.

This morning, Violet and I were talking about the fax machine, and Wakeen pipes up and says, "Tim, you've done it again with the fax." We do not have a Tim. Violet and I just looked at each other, but he meant Tim Allen. Cause that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment