Monday, October 1, 2018

Previously on...

Late July in a Smalltown Newsroom-
It came over the police scanner that an elderly lady was in the street in her wheelchair, trying to direct traffic.

One of my coworkers was fighting on the phone with her husband, telling him he better be out of the house by the time she got home, or he could pick up his stuff in the yard. The next day, they were all the phone being lovey-dovey.

I had a lady call about the cost of an obituary, and come to find out she wanted to put one in for her dog. (I couldn’t help her, but I directed her to advertising.)

I was threatened with a lawsuit by two separate people because they didn’t like an article we published.

It also came over the police scanner that while a criminal was running away, he got caught in barbed wire. The then decided to shoot his way out, (You can see where this is going, right?) and shot himself in the leg.
I originally wrote this in the July 6 Friday open thread on Ask A Manager

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I removed your comment not because you did anything wrong, but I can't answer your question and don't want to get fired.

      Delete