Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Pull Yourself Together

Sigh. I had such high hopes.

Wakeen  had a fight with his wife Monday morning. In the newsroom. In full hearing of everyone. And then we got a rehash of it.

Ooh, he said he didn't talk to her, and hasn't for two days, because he knew she'd get upset. Better not tell her that, dude.

I understand that spouses argue. It happens. Fine, whatever. Sometimes you take calls from your spouse at work. But you tell then you'll talk later if either of you is mad about something, or you  take the call outside.

The fight was about him not making reservations for a hotel because it was booked.

He got a call  a few minutes later from who I'm guessing is one of his children, and he rehashed the fight with them, saying that is wasn't his fault, blah blah.

I want to point out that he's at least in his late 40's, if not his 50's. Not the third grade.

I might have to change his nickname to non sequitur. We were talking about an article, and then he says that his father-in-law is calling, and he doesn't want to talk to him. Ok?

Then, while I was at lunch (which is a whole other post) he comes by and tells me that his wife says it's over. He was very matterafact about it, and almost downright cheerful. He says he isn't worried, because she's said it before.

That seems like an awful heavy statement to just fling around.

Tuesday he says that he's having to stay somewhere else for a while, so I'm not sure if she kicked him out or he left. However, he says he has hope, because she ordered something using their last name(?), which I'm assuming is her legal last name.

Tuesday afternoon, he said he had to go see his father-in-law, and he wasn't looking forward to it, but he'd just have to take it like a man. (As opposed to what, exactly?)

He doesn't have a black eye, so I'm guessing it went ok.

He hasn't said anything about it so far this morning, but the day is young.

No comments:

Post a Comment