Friday, August 16, 2019

The shadiest

Oh my word. Friends.

I have joked about this before on the AAM open thread, but I've decided it's true. The Hellmouth has moved, and it's moved here.

My work is like a circus. But not a normal, fun, accredited one. No. It's a shady, fly by night kind of circus. Where they still have tigers and stuff, and all the clowns look like criminals, and the people manning the rides look like they could disappear in a puff of smoke at any moment.

Everyone is so stressed, and I'm trying to manage it with snacks, but we've got people working weekends, and they are not happy about it. They've worked every Saturday since the week after the 4th of July, and have only had the last two Sundays off. They're working this Sunday though. Our corporate overlords are trying to make some greatly unwelcome changes.

It's not good. And if this one little pompous upstart VP doesn't come swanning into my office with all these "great ideas" to improve moral, I'm going to hammer him through the concrete floor and into the dirt. Yesterday he comes in at 10:30 and wants lunch for 25 people. At 11. We are in a small town. Most of the places I get us lunch from I give at least 24 hr notice to. Sometimes more. We had lunch at 12. I headed him off today, I just went ahead and called yesterday on the off chance he'd want food today. Bless his heart, he thinks I was able to get a full course Italian meal here in like an hour.

I still have to tell y'all about when I worked the overnight a couple of weeks ago. Here's a teaser for you, it involves a creepy marriage proposal. Yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment