Monday, August 19, 2019

Don't give me that sass

So there is a distinct divide between the two departments at work. The perception that Department B gets treated better than A is not always untrue, which doesn't help morale. Which is in the toilet. But that's another post.

Anyway, the employees in B have been having to work weekends lately. Not optional. I have been doing my best to make it as nice as I can, and giving them perks like bringing in food and snacks.

However. The employees in A don't realize that B gets the extras because they have to be here 60+ hours a week. Well, they do, but they choose not to recognize it.

Anyway, A had to work a couple of shifts this Saturday. (Which is where I am right now, actually. And I'll be here Sunday. Yay) I was taking some snacks back to B on the cart I made the guy in the stockroom give me, which is my favorite thing. (Also another post) I had someone stop me and ask slightly snottily where their snacks were. He was fully expecting me to say that everything I had was for B. And everything on the cart was. But. I asked if he was working this weekend, and he said yes, slightly dejectedly. I told him their half was in my office, and we'd be having pizza for lunch. He looked dumbfounded.

I'm going to make everything as equal as possible, and I take great pleasure in throwing people's assumptions back in their faces. It's a win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment