Wednesday, July 3, 2019

In need of naps

Ugh. So I came to work on Monday after four hours of sleep. Monday night I clocked about 8. I came into work this morning at 2:15. We're having a cookout, and needed to feed the night shift. I went home early yesterday afternoon and got about six hours, but I'm not looking forward to the next ten hours.

I think I'll be fine till about lunch time, but after that, all bets are off. We have another feeding at lunch, and then again a little after 6 this evening. Then I'm home free. To sleep for the next couple of days. Ha! That's wishful thinking, but I'm going to remain in my sleepy delusions a little while longer.

We rolled out our new payroll system this week, and no one here has particularly high hopes for it. I did about six hours of reconciliation yesterday between what the new system wants to pay and what the old one would have. It's not pretty. There's a lot of stuff to be worked over. And since it's with people's pay, there's not a lot of them who are particularly understanding when it comes to timelines to fix stuff. Which I get, but some people get downright nasty about it.

I think I'm going to break and make myself some coffee. Then pull a loony toons and prop my eyelids open with toothpicks. I'll let y'all know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment