Monday, December 3, 2018

New Beginnings

I start my new job tomorrow! I have today off, which I'm super thankful for, because I didn't get home after work Saturday night till after midnight, and I was up first thing in the morning and going all day yesterday. It's nice to have the day off to reset, and prepare for the rest of the week.

About the new job - my last job, as you know if you've been reading my blog, was a copy editor at a newspaper in a small town. The paper was almost an hour from where I live, and the pay and the benefits were... not great. My new job is actually in my town, which is even smaller than the small town the paper was in, and it's A LOT closer to home. (It really should have been in a Small/Medium town newsroom, but that didn't have the same ring to it.) At the new job, I'll be working in the HR department for a local manufacturer. The pay and the benefits are fantastic, and if I play my cards right, I'll be on the way to home ownership by the end of next year, which is not something I expected could happen for me any time soon.

The hours at the new job are going to be a little different, but with the time off my commute, I'll spend about the same amount of time away from home, I'll just be in the car less, which my car and I will both appreciate.

The new job has had quite a bit of turnover recently, for reasons that are not concerning, and I won't go into here. My predecessor, however, has already left, so corporate is, allegedly, sending someone to train me, so that'll be interesting.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to it, and will let y'all know how it goes. Also, I'll tell you about my drug test. For now, I'll just say it was an experience, and I have a bald spot.

2 comments: