Saturday, September 14, 2019

They don't pay me enough for this

It is 12:08 a.m. and I am in the parking lot of a restaurant chain that sells wings and is open at this forsaken hour.

I overestimated how long it would take me to get here from home, where I should be now. Instead of out on Friday the 13th with a full moon. Oh, it isn't Friday anymore. Its Saturday. Because I am out late to pick up food for people that will be mad I did not get enough sauces. I am not supposed to pick up the food till 12:30, so it's the parking lot for me. The restaurant smells weird.

They don't pay me enough for this. If I could've paid over the phone, I wouldn't be in this mess. Someone who makes three times what I make could have come instead. But no. Let's drag Bees out of bed to do it. Great plan. I wasn't in bed, because I know me, and I would not have gotten back up. 

This is a little more... frank than I usually am, but it is late and I am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment