Friday, September 27, 2019

Dumber than an box of rocks

I am going to say some not very nice things about someone, but this is all anonymous, and I'm sorry, but it's true.

It's also the same employee as this post, which will probably surprise no one.

I am in charge of the badge software that lets people in the doors. I now have a badge printer, and I make new ones on site, instead of sending off for them. They are standard RFID badges. My conversation(s) with this employee went something like this.

Employee: I need a new badge, mine has quit working.
Bee's: Ok. I need to get your picture so I can print you a new one. I don't have time right now, but I will get it for you sometime this afternoon.
EE: how long do they take to come in?
B: I print them on site now.
EE: Oh, ok.

Later that afternoon -
EE: Do you know when my new badge will be here?
B: I have to take your picture first. I print them here.
EE: Oh. I don't have time for you to take my picture right now, I'm about to leave. 

The next day -
EE: Is my badge coming in soon?
B: [Internal screaming] Let me take your picture and I will get it for you right now. I print them here.
EE: Oh, you do? I didn't know that. You know, they only last about six months. Then the little numbers start to come off the back and they quit working.
B: [Not sure why I'm trying, but why not] No, there's actually a computer chip in them. You probably just brush up against a magnet or something.
EE: It doesn't scan the numbers?
B: [You mean where there is no scanner on the door or barcode to scan?] Nope. It doesn't.
EE: What about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment