Monday, April 15, 2019

Take cover

This week y'all. Whew. I am aware it's Monday.

We were to a new timekeeping system today. Today's also the day that the shifts have rotated, we've moved to a new schedule for half the plant, we're sending several people to a sister plant to help out, layoffs take effect, and payroll is due. So not much. However, I talked to the lady at corporate in charge of payroll on Friday, and she agreed to let us push it back a week, both so we could get some training in, and so I can get a good test week in.

Like I've mentioned before, our new timeclocks are biometric. I got everyone registered Friday, but haven't had a chance to do a real trial, because over half the people thought they didn't need to test it more than once. So I don't have clocks for them. And when they come to me and have an issue, I will not tell them it sucks to be them, but I will be thinking it, at least a little.

There are still a bunch of bugs to be worked out, and I'm not looking forward to next Thursday and Friday when paystubs and checks come out. People will not be pleased. They haven't handled the transition well to the new system. We just started meeting about it a month ago, and though it's been in the works for a while, I don't think it's ready. Our lunches aren't being calculated properly, and who knows what else. They also mentioned several times that they would set up training for us to take, and then to have one for supervisors and managers. Shockingly, that hasn't occurred. I have a pdf that's like four pages long with instructions. That's all. I'm apparently supposed to train everyone. I don't have the faintest clue what I'm doing, so it will be fun. I'm so excited.

It's a shame circuses are becoming a thing of the past. I could run away and join one. I make some mean cotton candy.

1 comment:

  1. We got a new computer system 5 months ago. We're still working out the bugs, and that doesn't even address the known problems that are on the list to be fixed. It sounds like you're used to letting things roll off of you, but you might need some extra strength for this transition! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete