Friday, January 11, 2019

Doing my happy dance

I'M GETTING A BOSS!!!! I am so excited. Unless he's recently had a fit of hedonism, after his background clears, he will start early Feb. (Also, autocorrect's suggestion after 'getting a' was divorce, which is weird for me, a single person.

Thanks to everyone who said to suck it up and ask my boss if I was supposed to come to those meetings, the answer was yes. It's made my job easier when I can be there while everyone is in the same room.

Someone paged um... Sally... on the intercom. I was confused, cause they just said Sally. I wasn't sure how they would get the right one, but then I remembered. There is only the one. I have a fairly popular name. I am the only one here. Not surprising when there's only about a dozen women, (Ah, STEM) but it hasn't happened since elementary that I've been the only one with my name. I have taken great joy in not signing my emails with my full name. Is this what Beyonce feels like?

Someone threatened to get a lawyer involved in something yesterday. No one has threatened me with the law since I left the paper, and it's been over a month. I was almost starting to miss it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new boss, I guess? I do better when my boss is pretty removed - less interference. My current boss just noted that she only seems to interact with us on Wednesdays, which works for me!

    ReplyDelete