Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Abuse of power

Bonus post, yay! It would be longer, but 4 a.m. comes very early. It hurts to think about.

So last week, we had training and meetings going on. It's part of my job to bring in lunches when the situation calls for it. Friday, I did not feel like packing my lunch. I knew this on Thursday. I was feeling lazy in advance. So I sat there, and thought to myself what reasoning I could come up with to bring in lunch on Friday. I came up with something, cleared it with my boss, and ordered from a local restaurant that's been a hit before, and that I like, and that delivers (a definite plus).

People went wild. They were all so excited, you'd think I hadn't brought in food twice that week already. They all said thank you so much, and that I'd done such a great job. A couple of people went almost over the top with their praise. I had to try not to giggle. I called the restaurant. Ordered what I wanted. Paid over the phone. Opened the door for the guy when he came to deliver. Took the lids off stuff and sat out utensils. Ate. That's it. I didn't mind the thanks, at all. It was just super funny to me that I was doing it for entirely selfish reasons, and people thought I was so nice for it.

My evil plan is working.

1 comment:

  1. Surprise food is the best, though. You made everyone's day!

    ReplyDelete